Wednesday 23 January 2013

MY HOUSE WAS CLEAN LAST WEEK



At the entrance of my house there is a poster which says-" My house was clean last week , sorry you missed it".One of my friends on entering our house for the first time remarked"This  is a Happy House".I loved that description of my house.
 My eye fails to see it in that way. Wherever the eye can see, chaos reigns. When I come back from the school, it gives an impression that a storm has passed through our house. My next one hour goes in carrying stuff from one room to another and still the results are not noticeable.Our dining table is piled with all paraphernalia and still my family finds place to eat occassional family meals on it. I clear the pile on Sunday and by Saturday, it is back to from where I started. Sometimes I wonder, why do I bother at all!But there is a system in our disorder.We still manage to find our things ,in fact I do. The problem is - I start cleaning rooms one by one and by the time I reach the 3rd room, the first one is back to square one!
Somehow, our house still looks cheerful, defying all stereotypes.Although I am a stickler to hygiene- washing bedsheets, pillowcovers and towels twice a week and putting mattresses , pillows and comforters in sun,and all which I read in newspapers/ magazines.The orderliness of the well-kept home still eludes me.What surprises me most is unexpected of guests dropping in when the entropy(disorder) is maximum.
And then, I feel, as long as we have warmth for visitors and clatter of feet in the house,it is OK.I dread the day when the things will be where they are supposed to be and no bickerings of the kids to interrupt.The kids would have grown and moved away.Till then let me be an indulgent mom. Till then let me spend my energies on inculcating the right values in my kids- some experiences which will hold them in good stead in future, wonderful memories of a happy home to which they would love to return to.
I will try to bring system in our disorder sometime else!Let me revel in the chaos till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment