Thursday 10 January 2013

I am a Mom and a teacher.Mom of two irrepressible kids- one a teenager and the other into his pre-teens. I am not much into networking but I love writing and sharing my experiences as a teacher, as a mom and as a woman.
My teenage son gave me this idea of writing a blog when my winter break had just started. Today is the last day of my vacation and I thought I cannot procrastinate any further or this will never get started just like many of my ambitious plans.
It may seem so out of today's world but I love doing 'nothing'. Not that I am lazy but I grew up with no TV, no computers, and none of those fancy gadgets. My companions were books and long hot afternoons spent sitting in a cool verandah.We didn't know what getting bored meant!
Well, that is just what I did this winter break. All three of us decided we did not want to go to any fancy place and stay in a hotel, instead spend our winter break reading books, playing board games or just talking sitting under the winter sun.Or just rummaging through cupboards -wondering and reminiscing about stuff.Sharing old photos with my kids or telling them stories about this or that.
This is my world- simple pleasures and getting destressed doing household chores!

No comments:

Post a Comment